This CPCS training course will enable you to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual as a crane supervisor be able to:
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of crane supervisor
- Understanding the role of appointed person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
Learners must have passed the Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years, prior to course start date.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and practical exercises, followed by a one day assessment.
Learners will receive a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card on passing the CPCS technical tests, valid for two years.Contact Us More CPCS Plant Training Courses