This CPCS training course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a 360 degree excavator below 10 tonnes.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the excavator will be able to:
- Role and responsibility as a plant operator
- Basic construction, names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Principle components, basic construction, controls & terminology
- Relevant regulations & legislation
- Pre-use, start, running checks and close-down procedure
- Negotiating rough ground & steep inclines
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Configuring for excavating duties
- Hazards, underground & overhead services
- Excavation & ground types
- Grading, levelling & spreading
- Placing materials into vehicles & hoppers
- Lifting, moving & placing basic slung loads
- Travelling with slung loads
- Shutdown & securing procedures
Learners must have passed the Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years, prior to course start date.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and practical exercises, followed by a one day assessment.
Learners will receive a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card on passing the CPCS technical tests, valid for two years.Contact Us More CPCS Plant Training Courses