This CPCS training course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a Hoist.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the hoist will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as an equipment operator
- Name the types of hoists, and explain the purpose of the principal components, basic construction, controls and terminology of each
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s manual, other types of information sources and relevant regulations and guidance
- Explain hoist working limitations
- Carry out all pre-use checks
- Undertake running checks, including gates and safety devices, before placing into service
- Check the stability, systems and alignment and ensure the hoist is safe to use
- Check that hoist-way protection is in position before use
- Check the capacity of the hoist will accommodate expected loads, equipment and/or passengers
- Carry out full emergency lowering and evacuation procedure (Endorsements B & D)
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other proximity hazards
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers
- Identify suitability and integrity of loads for transporting and compatibility with the cage
- Load and unload a range of materials using suitable handling methods for each load type
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for varying types of loads
- Explain the procedures and actions to be taken when transporting people (Endorsements B & D)
- Operate the hoist to the end of travel and to various landing levels, both loaded and unloaded
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Place the hoist in an out-of-service condition, isolate and secure
Learners must have passed the Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years, prior to course start date.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and practical exercises, followed by a one day assessment.
Learners will receive a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card on passing the CPCS technical tests, valid for two years.Contact Us More CPCS Plant Training Courses