This CPCS training course is for people with limited or no experience of operating an Overhead Travelling Crane.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual operating an Overhead Travelling Crane will be able to:
- Current Legislation and regulations: LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, WAHR 2005, MHOR 1992, ACOPs BS7121 Parts 1 & 2, BS5744
- Duties of personnel involved in Lifting Operations
- Crane appreciation, types, applications, limitations and terminology
- Lifting equipment and lifting accessories documentation
- Load calculations, centre of gravities
- Risk assessments, method statements
- Safe working loads (SWL), Working load limits of lifting accessories, mode factors
- Types of lifting accessories and their application
- Communication procedures, signalling
- Understand the basics of power units, control systems and safety devices
- Crane daily inspections
- Isolating, fault reporting
- Operating crane in various planes as per manufacturers recommendation
- Controlling load movement with various load types
Learners must have passed the Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years, prior to course start date.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and practical exercises, followed by a one day assessment.
Learners will receive a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card on passing the CPCS technical tests, valid for two years.Contact Us More CPCS Plant Training Courses