This CPCS training course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a Piling Rig driven above 20 Tonnes.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the piling rig will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and ready for travel
- Explain the procedures and precautions to be taken when travelling over rough, undulating ground
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Position, configure and set for driven works
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Accurately install displacement piles to completion
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working situations
- Explain lifting requirements and limitations using a piling rig
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the de-rigging, loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Learners must have passed the Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years, prior to course start date.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and practical exercises, followed by a one day assessment.
Learners will receive a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card on passing the CPCS technical tests, valid for two years.Contact Us More CPCS Plant Training Courses