This CPCS training course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a Trailer Mounted Concrete Pump.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the trailer mounted concrete pump will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Confirm the position and configure the machine for pumping duties
- Deploy the outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Arrange, anchor and secure all pipes and lines
- Confirm a given mix is able to be pumped
- Arrange and comply with communication procedures
- Direct the loading / mixer vehicle to position
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Pump and control materials accurately to the desired pour location
- Explain how blockages occur and solution methods
- Maintain safe working situations
- Complete end-of-use cleaning procedures
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
Learners must have passed the Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years, prior to course start date.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and practical exercises, followed by a one day assessment.
Learners will receive a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card on passing the CPCS technical tests, valid for two years.Contact Us More CPCS Plant Training Courses