The Level 2 Diploma in Highways Maintenance - Excavation Operations qualification has been developed for achievement in a training environment which means you do not need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
Minimum Age: 16
Award Code: DIP085
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can progress onto further training at level 3 or on successfully completion of the level 2 progress into a job role in the workplace.
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can work as a Highways Maintenance Operative within the construction industry.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be trained and assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified trainer whose job is to help you complete your qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
This qualification is graded.
This qualification can be taken as part of an apprenticeship framework, if desired. This qualification sits within the Construction Apprenticeship Framework in England and Wales.
This can be taken alongside the following qualifications in contribution towards achievement of a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Civil Engineering -Highways Maintenance:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services -Highways Maintenance
- Level 1 Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities
For further information about the Construction Apprenticeship Frameworks, please see website: www.afo.sscalliance.org.
This qualification is supported by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).
This qualification comprises the following 8 mandatory units;
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding civil engineering technology
- Establish work area protection and safety on highways
- Excavate holes and trenches on the highway
- Locate and protect utility apparatus and sub-structures
- Reinstate excavation and highways surfaces
- Segregate the area of highway works for single carriageway roads.