The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Operations - Excavating Plant qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means you need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
Minimum Age: 16
Award Code: QUN862
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a Plant Operator within the construction industry.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace.
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Preparing and operating 180 degree excavators to extract and excavate ground and loose materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating crawler tractor dozers to carry out dozer operations in the workplace
- Preparing and operating draglines to excavate ground materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating 360 degree excavators to excavate ground in the workplace
- Preparing and operating trenchers to excavate ground in the workplace
- Preparing and operating tracked loading shovels to excavate ground and loose materials in the workplace.