The Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction) has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means you need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
Minimum Age: 16
Award Code: QUA903
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Occupational Work Supervision within the construction industry.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification. You will be required to produce a Portfolio of Evidence showing how you have met the performance and knowledge criteria for each unit required within the qualification, as directed by your assessor. This qualification is not graded.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Implementing and Maintaining Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising Work Operations in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in two of the following optional units:
- Monitoring Progress of Work Against Schedules in the Workplace
- Implementing procedures to support the team's performance in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and Confirming Dimensional Control Requirements of the Work in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Circulation of Construction Related Project Information in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Meets Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Machinery or Equipment in the Workplace