This course teaches you how to operate a reach lift truck safely and productively.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the industry and their roles and responsibilities as an operator
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the machine and how to operate it safely
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook
- Locate and identify the major components and controls of the machine and explain their functions
- Explain the factors that affect truck stability and identify how to maintain stability of the truck and load
- Explain the dangers of overloading the truck and demonstrate how to prevent overloading
- Conduct all pre-operation checks
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel then move off and stop safely
- Manoeuvre the machine safely when laden and unladen, in open and confined areas and on inclines
- Pick up, transport and set down loads accurately and safely
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks, using racking systems and/or a road vehicle
- Carry out bulk stacking tasks accurately and safely
- Safely carry out battery care, maintenance and charging
- Fit, adjust and/or remove attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
An NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice answers along with an NPORS practical assessment.
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.Contact Us More NPORS Plant Training Courses Our NVQ Training Courses