This course teaches you the knowledge and practical elements you require to enable you to work around the piling rig and operations safely and efficiently.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a piling rig attendant
- Have a working knowledge of the piling rig to be attended
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the piling rig and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify ancillary equipment and explain their functions
- Assist in conducting pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Conduct safety checks of the work area and agree hand signals and verbal commands
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for piling rig attendant
- Assist in rigging-up and prepare ancillary equipment for piling operations
- Guide and position rig on to the piling position and start piling process.
- Environmental considerations
- Assist in de-rigging and end of shift and shut down procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of assisting in the loading and unloading procedures for piling rig transportation
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
An NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice answers along with an NPORS practical assessment.
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.Contact Us More NPORS Plant Training Courses Our NVQ Training Courses