This course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a crawler crane.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel the crane to an area of work
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures when fitting a lattice-type extension
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Programme/set-up rated capacity indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads, Minimise the swinging of loads
- Change falls of rope on a hook block
- Move loads through machine travel and comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working situations
- Prepare the crane in preparation of movement from lifting duties
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
An NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice answers along with an NPORS practical assessment.
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.Contact Us More NPORS Plant Training Courses Our NVQ Training Courses