This course is intended for those who operate, supervise or manage the use of abrasive wheels.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Health and safety legislation overview
- Hazards and risk control measures associated with Abrasive Wheels
- Types of abrasive wheel machines and their safe use
- Resin & vitrified bonded abrasive wheel selection, marking, identification and inspection
- Correct use, setting, adjustment and inspection of flanges, guards and accessories
- Pre-use machine safety checks
- How to mount of abrasive wheels on various equipment including hand angle grinder, saws and bench grinders
- Set up and safe working of applying an Abrasive Wheel to a grinder
- Practical safe set up (no live cutting or grinding)
For learners that require the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
An NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice answers along with an NPORS practical assessment.
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.Contact Us More NPORS Plant Training Courses Our NVQ Training Courses