This course is aimed at any person who are is involved in the movement of vehicles, covering health and safety and practical lessons on how to move a vehicle in a safe manner.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshal
- Have knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle / machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshal duties
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
An NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice answers along with an NPORS practical assessment.
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.Contact Us More NPORS Plant Training Courses Our NVQ Training Courses