This course is aimed at people who require the knowledge and practical skills to work effectively and safely when using harness or fall arrest equipment.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer's handbook for the particular harness / fall arrest to be used
- Be able to locate and identify major components of the harness / fall arrest and explain their functions
- Conduct all safety checks in accordance with the manufacturer's and legislative requirements
- Select suitable type of harness / fall arrest relative to the work being undertaken
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for using harness / fall arrest and demonstrate correct use
- Correctly fit and remove the safety harness / fall arrest
- Carry out end of work inspections
- Environmental considerations
- Storage of harness / fall arrest
For learners that require the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
An NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice answers along with an NPORS practical assessment.
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.Contact Us More NPORS Plant Training Courses Our NVQ Training Courses