This course provides Operatives with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act to safeguard themselves and others.
This course covers the following content:
- Location of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces
After this course candidates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act
- Select appropriate PPE to carry out street works activities
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
- Perform the duties of each unit in line with legislation
This course is for Operatives to gain the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and group exercises with continuous oral and practical assessments.
The Street Works Qualifications Register Card valid for 5 years.Contact Us More NRSWA Street Works Training Courses