This course provides Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to perform supervisor duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act to safeguard themselves and others.
This course covers the following content:
- Location and avoidance of underground services
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding; co-ordination procedures and code of practice
- Monitoring excavation in the highway; specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base and road-base materials
- Monitoring laying practices and reinstatement of bituminous materials; specification and types of materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete highways.
After this course candidates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the current NRSW Act
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities
- Monitor duties performed by Operatives for each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by City & Guilds Standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
This course is for Supervisors to gain the skills and knowledge to perform supervisor duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and group exercises with continuous oral and practical assessments.
The Street Works Qualifications Register Card valid for 5 years.Contact Us More NRSWA Street Works Training Courses