This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Winter Services within the construction industry.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Operating plant, machinery, equipment or vehicles to prevent, clear or reduce the impact of ice or snow in the workplace.
- Setting and using the plough
- Clear blockages and freeing the belt
- Correct use of the ECON box
- Salt ratio's
- Spread patterns
The Level 2 Diploma in Winter Services (Construction) qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means you need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
This qualification is supported by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).Contact Us More Winter Services Training Courses